Sumo-X Swing arm installation
(customer arm must be sent in)
Remove necessary components per Honda service manual for 250mm tire kit install.
4. Mark the frame rails with a marker. Hint; if you have a black frame you can lay masking tape down first.
5. Cut the rear sub frame. Hint, start your saw perpendicular to the frame to help keep from walking, and then cut vertically, 90 degrees from the floor.
Note; don’t cut all of the way through, then break the last 1/16”.
Now do a light finish grind.
Air Lowering System (ALS) install only.
Install ALS front brackets; replace rear motor mount bolts with new supplied bolts.
6b Note; there is a right and left side to the front ALS brackets.
6c Air bag to swing arm w/ pump bracket.
7. Transfer final driven flange, o ring, and right dust seal from stock wheel to the new Sumo wheel. Note; check and make sure the distance spacer in installed on the left side bearings. Use moly grease around the boss and spacer.
8. Method 1 of swing arm assembly install. Position swing arm around the wheel/tire assembly, then slid in the final drive with the prop shaft installed on the final drive and align to the wheel, then install the axel temporally. Photos 9a and 9b
10. Install u-joint and rubber boot.
Note the position text on the boot.
11. Install complete assembly into the bike at this point. Note; It may be easier to bolt front air bag first, then the pivot bolt, then the shock bolt.
Method 2 of swing arm assembly install.
Insert the prop shaft into the swing arm, then install the u-joint to the prop shaft and leave them in the arm loosely.
Install the swing arm into the bike.
Install the u-joint into the transmission output shaft. (Do this by using the rear of the prop shaft to help alignment.)
This is a little tricky but it can be done.
Now roll the wheel and final drive into place then carefully guide the final drive it into the splines on the prop shaft.
Note; the right brake bracket and spacer cannot be in at this time.
Install axel bolt, right spacer and brake bracket.
Tighten all bolts per Honda service spec.